For drivers and entrants competing in motorsport events considered a National Series, as well as those competing in motorsport events abroad, these Licenses are required. Applicants are required to have a level of competence in motorsport, determined by amount of experience and/or specialized training, and vouched for by the organizer or competent training center. Issued as a hard copy ID card.
NOTE: Bearing the AAP Competition License is a privilege that a racer holds wherein he/she is expected to uphold sportsmanship and decorum at all times.
NOTE: If you want to legally drive abroad, you will need a Philippine International Driving Permit. Please check out this page for more information. An AAP International Competition License will not allow you to drive abroad on public roads.
- A current AAP Regular Membership
- Application Fee
- National License – Php 5,500.00
- International License – Php 9,000.00
- 2×2 and 1×1 ID Picture
- Medical Examination by AAP Medical Officer, with ECG for new applicants
- Other Requirements
- for International License applicants (new): Accomplishment of FIA eLearning Module (Driver Safety Training: Circuit EN) at https://elearning.fia.com/
- for Minor applicants: Parental Consent Form
- for Foreign Citizens: proof of nationality, proof of Philippine residency, and release from ASN of country of citizenship
- for renewal of National/International Licenses: AAP Medical Card as previously issued
- for Karting (new): certification from Philippine International Karting Association (PIKA)
- for Circuit Racing (new): certification from authorized racing school
- Tuason Racing School
- Edgen Dy-Liacco
- For Rally (new): certification from AAP Motorsport Development Program
- For Gymkhana (new, international): certification from AAP Motorsport Development Program
NOTE: Please read our FAQ section for more information on specific requirements.
Application of the National and International Licenses are done personally by the applicant at the AAP Motor Sport Department, AAP Tower, 683 Aurora Blvd, Quezon City.
Pre-registration is required before proceeding to our office. Please contact us for more information on pre-registration.
Steps are as follows:
- Proceed to Motorsport Department (10F) to submit Application Form, pay Med Examination fee and undergo exam
- Proceed to Membership Department (2F) to confirm and process membership details
- Proceed to Cashier (2F) to pay for Competition License and AAP membership
- Proceed to Motorsport Department (10F) and show proof of payment, wait for license printing
NOTE: AAP Motorsports has a policy of continuous process improvement. Therefore minor changes to procedures may be implemented from time to time without notice.
For clarifications on application procedures, please contact us.
Q: Who can apply for a National License?
A: Any Driver or Entrant participating in a competition deemed a National Series. Drivers must be a Filipino national, or a foreign national with residence in the Philippines who is given clearance by the ASN governing the country of his/her citizenship. Entrants must be a person, persons, or juridical entity based in the Philippines.
Q: Who can apply for an International License?
A: Any Driver or Entrant participating in a competition outside the Philippines, and/or is representing the country in a Regional or World Championship. Must be a Filipino national, or a foreign national with residence in the Philippines who is given clearance by the ASN governing the country of his/her citizenship. Entrants must be a person, persons, or juridical entity based in the Philippines.
Q: Is there a fee for the Medical Examination?
A: Current Fees for Medical Examination is Php 3,000.00 for new applications (with ECG) and Php 2,500.00 for renewal, paid on-site.
Q: How to access required FIA eLearning Module (for new International License applicant)?
A: The process is as follows:
- Register an account in the website https://elearning.fia.com/
- For Branch Code, input: DRIVER-SRG
- Validate your account via email address
- Select the course: Driver Safety Training: Circuit EN
- Send electronic copy of pass certificate to our email address here: Contact us
Q: Does one need to be an AAP Member to avail of a Competition License?
A: All individual Driver or Entrant applicants, and nominated representatives of juridical Entrant applicants, must be an AAP Regular Member to avail of a National and International Competition License.
Application is easy to apply in our office and can be done as part of the process of obtaining the Competition License. For latest fees, benefits and other guidance on AAP Membership, please check out this link for more information.
Q: How long is the validity of a Competition License?
A: AAP Competition Licenses are only valid for the calendar year they are issued, regardless on what date of the year it has been availed. For example. if you were issued a License for 2021 on December 1, it will only be good until December 31, beyond which it is considered expired.
Q: What if I cannot personally go to your office to apply for a National/International Competition License?
A: The Medical Examination is a compulsory requirement for National and International Competition Licenses. It may be done on a scheduled basis in the AAP Motorsports offices, or sometimes held on-site in race events. Please contact us for more details regarding upcoming schedules.
In extenuating circumstances, AAP Motorsports may, at its sole discretion, allow a medical examination report from a third-party medical doctor to be submitted. However, a teleconference with the AAP Medical Officer will be required, and a convenience fee may be charged.
Q: What is a valid proof of residency (for foreign applicant)?
A: You may present a valid copy of any of the following: Philippine visa, Bureau of Immigration ACR i-Card, utility bills with your name and address, Philippine driver’s license. If you cannot present any of these, please contact us for more information.
Q: What is a release letter (for foreign applicant)?
A: A release letter, or certificate of no objection, is required from the ASN of the country of nationality of the applicant. You may write to the ASN of your country to request this. Have them email the release to us. We can request this for you, but this may delay the release of your license until such time we receive the release.
Q: Will this License allow me to drive abroad?
A: If you want to legally drive abroad, you will need a Philippine International Driving Permit. Please check out this page for more information.