For drivers and entrants competing in motorsport events considered a National Series, as well as those competing in motorsport events abroad, these Licenses are required. Applicants are required to have a level of competence in motorsport, determined by amount of experience and/or specialized training, and vouched for by the organizer or competent training center. Issued as a hard copy ID card.
NOTE: Bearing the AAP Competition License is a privilege that a racer holds wherein he/she is expected to uphold sportsmanship and decorum at all times.
NOTE: If you want to legally drive abroad, you will need a Philippine International Driving Permit. Please check out this page for more information. An AAP International Competition License will not allow you to drive abroad on public roads.
- A current AAP Regular Membership
- Application Fee
- National License – Php 5,500.00
- International License – Php 9,000.00
- 2×2 and 1×1 ID Picture
- Medical Examination by AAP Medical Officer, with ECG for new applicants
- Other Requirements
- for Minor applicants: Parental Consent Form
- for Foreign Citizens: proof of residency, and release from ASN of country of citizenship
- for Karting (new): certification from Philippine International Karting Association (PIKA)
- for Circuit Racing (new): certification from authorized racing school
- Tuason Racing School
- Edgen Dy-Liacco
- For Rally (new): certification from AAP Motorsport Development Program
- For Gymkhana (new, international): certification from AAP Motorsport Development Program
Application of the National and International Licenses are done personally by the applicant at the AAP Motor Sport Department, AAP Tower, 683 Aurora Blvd, Quezon City. Steps are as follows:
- Proceed to Motorsport Department (10F) to submit Application Form, pay Med Examination fee and undergo exam
- Proceed to Membership Department (2F) to confirm and process membership details
- Proceed to Cashier (2F) to pay for Competition License and AAP membership
- Proceed to Motorsport Department (10F) and show proof of payment, wait for license printing
For clarifications on application procedures, please contact us.
Q: Who can apply for a National License?
A: Any Driver or Entrant participating in a competition deemed a National Series. Drivers must be a Filipino national, or a foreign national with residence in the Philippines who is given clearance by the ASN governing the country of his/her citizenship. Entrants must be a person, persons, or juridical entity based in the Philippines.
Q: Who can apply for an International License?
A: Any Driver or Entrant participating in a competition outside the Philippines, and/or is representing the country in a Regional or World Championship. Must be a Filipino national, or a foreign national with residence in the Philippines who is given clearance by the ASN governing the country of his/her citizenship. Entrants must be a person, persons, or juridical entity based in the Philippines.
Q: Is there a fee for the Medical Examination?
A: Current Fees for Medical Examination is Php 3,000.00 for new applications (with ECG) and Php 2,500.00 for renewal, paid on-site.
Q: How long is the validity of a Competition License?
A: AAP Competition Licenses are only valid for the calendar year they are issued, regardless on what date of the year it has been availed. For example. if you were issued a License for 2021 on December 1, it will only be good until December 31, beyond which it is considered expired.
Q: What if I cannot personally go to your office to apply for a National/International Competition License?
A: The Medical Examination is a compulsary requirement for National and International Competition Licenses. It may be done on a scheduled basis in the AAP Motorsports offices, or sometimes held on-site in race events. Please contact us for more details regarding upcoming schedules.
In extenuating circumstances, AAP Motorsports may, at its sole discretion, allow a medical examination report from a third-party medical doctor to be submitted. However, a teleconference with the AAP Medical Officer will be required, and a convenience fee may be charged.
Q: Will this License allow me to drive abroad?
A: If you want to legally drive abroad, you will need a Philippine International Driving Permit. Please check out this page for more information.